Changing Lives

Changing Lives
Ready for a Change?

Friday, April 8, 2016

Food For Joints

                                                                          
Staying active by dancing, got your yoga mat, swimming at the YMCA and or fresh-air walking.
Joints are built to withstand all our activities. Each joint has a capsule filled with synovial fluid that cushions and nourishes your cartilage. It's your cartilage and tendons that allows bones to pass over and across each other. A poor diet, age, and genetics can cause cartilage cells to break apart, clog up the synovial fluid, and bring on an inflammation, resulting in pain. Fortunately, you can help your joints stay healthy with certain key foods and quality supplements.

Kefir  
A cultured milk supplies healthy bacteria, including one strain called L. casei. In one study, participants were given a daily dose of L. casei for two months and at the end of the study, they had lower levels of inflammatory markers and less joint stiffness than the placebo group. You can pour kefir over cereal or add it to smoothies. Unsweetened brands contain more bacteria and less sugar.  Sugars cause inflammation.
I use Aloe Vera Drink for joint inflammation
I have RA and have been able to control pain & inflammation by drinking mango or cranberry flavored aloe vera. I add 2 capfuls to my water, I love the taste and it serves two-fold purpose, because it soothes the stomach, supports healthy digestion system and helps your body absorb nutrients and promotes good intestinal health.  I have so many stories to share on the use of aloe vera drink, basically it helps heal inflammation and researchers have found nearly every disease stems from inflammation.

Oranges 
In one study, subjects with osteoarthritic knee pain who took a daily orange-peel extract for eight weeks reported a drop in knee pain and had lower levels of an inflammatory compound than a placebo group. The effect was due to a bioflavonoid in citrus called nobiletin. When peeling, leave the white "fuzzy stuff" (albedo layer) on. Use whole oranges (peel and all) in smoothies to get maximum bioflavonoid content. I find the peel is quite bitter.
I use a supplement called Joint Support Advanced
It is formulated with glucosamine, for function & comfort but is an excellent source of the anitoxidant, selenium for healthy aging and is a good source of copper & manganese.  Did you know that recent results show that glucosamine when used as a dietary supplement can be effective in the management of cartilage breakdown and enhanced mobility?  I injured my knee while playing with "cubbies" at church, something popped and ny next day could barely walk.  I increased my Jt. Support supplement to 4 a day and the relief was so great i was telling a fellow Herbalifer about it and he said, " I am not an athlete or body builder but I take 6 a day because I go to the gym every day". I increased to 6 a day & in 3 or 4 days i was walking without pain & stiffness.
Salmon Herbalifeline
This fresh water fish is a super source of omega-3 fatty fish oil. Studies with omega-3 supplementation show that this fat triggers a series of key reactions that lead to less joint inflammation, especially in those who suffer from arthritis. Research shows that people taking daily fish-oil supplements can typically decrease their use of NSAID drugs, such as ibuprofen. Fresh is great, but canned varieties are just as rich in omegas. I prefer to not use farmed salmon.
Herbalifeline 
My supplement has 2-fold purpose again, it has omega-3 fatty acids to help maintain your normal cholesterol & triglyceride levels but it also helps with joint health!  All of our Heart health products are endorsed by Dr. Louis Ignarro, Nobel laureate in medicine.  My experience with this product is while watching a video of a woman with RA, she said she lived alone, drove her own car and was pain-free.  I called to ask what she was using because I had been seeing a myriad of doctors, chiropractors and osteopaths but received No relief.  I started using Herbalifeline and aloe vera drink faithfully and in a short few months would wake from a night's sleep with no stiffness or pain.
Turmeric 
In a study on people with osteoarthritic knee pain, taking a turmeric extract for six weeks helped minimize discomfort as much as taking 800 mg daily of ibuprofen. Turmeric is rich in a potent antioxidant called curcumin that can decrease the amount of inflammatory compounds in cartilage cells. Add turmeric to rice, beans, stir-frys, and salad dressings for a color and joint boost. I also have used 1 inch piece of ginger root with 2 slices of lemon in 2 cups water, boil and then simmer for about 10 minutes.  I drink it like hot tea.
I Use RoseGuard
It supports my body's natural defense against environmental toxins, it contains astragalus for healthy liver function and it also has curcumin, an anti-inflammatory that also helps joint health.  
** These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Herbalife products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. 

No comments:

Post a Comment