Changing Lives

Changing Lives
Ready for a Change?

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Build a Better Smoothie

Discovery is a good term when I am creating a really tasty new smoothie, I start with a base of 8 oz milk, (rice or soy is ok), 2 scoops of Formula 1 Healthy Meal shake mix, I add 2 tablespoons of Personalized Protein Powder, whey combo.  Then the magic begins, I add a capful of mango aloe concentrate, a banana and 1/2 cup frozen strawberries.
Strawberry Banana is the name of course, I feel like the "Smoothie Wizard'.  You can substitute juice for the milk also.  Most of my creations are approximately 250 calories, have 25-30 grams of protein or more. This is easy portion control and it blasts off my mornings!

I make so many varieties that breakfast is never boring, I make Orange Banana.
Chocolate Banana is rich & creamy, tastes like dessert, makes me feel like I'm cheating.
How can something this good be healthy for me?

I went to the 4th Avenue Street Fair and one of the vendor booths had smoothies, I ordered strawberry banana and it tasted like fruit in ice.  Really missed the Formula 1 base, tastes better and is chock full of 20 vitamins, minerals & essential nutrients.  Important to note, that we should try to drink the smoothie within first of hour after waking up, your body has used all the fuel after 8-12 hours and it is important to get off to a great start.  Your brain and muscles will not have the energy you need if you skip breakfast.

Newest Formula 1 flavor is Chocolate Mint and it is sooo refreshing, I make it really thick and eat it with a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment